1. What kind of pets do you allow? Do you permit exotic pets? We welcome dog & cats weighing 35 lbs. or less. There are breed restrictions. Please confirm with a leasing professional that your dog is not on our restricted breed list. We do not allow exotic pets.
2. How many pets may I have? We allow up to two pets per apartment home with a combined weight of no more than 50lbs.
3. Are there any deposits, special fees, or monthly charges to have a pet? We charge a $199 nonrefundable pet fee for first pet and $199 for second pet. Pet owners pay an additional monthly fee of $19.
4. What must I bring with me to tour an apartment? We require a government issued photo ID for all tours.
5. What are your fees and monthly charges? We charge a $40 application fee per applicant, and a $200 deposit to hold an apartment, which will be applied to your security deposit when you move in. A $150 non-refundable administrative fee will be deducted from your security deposit.
6. What are the income and credit qualifications? We require a gross household income of 2.2 times the market rental amount of the unit. Guarantors must earn four times the market rental amount to qualify. A good credit score is required. Lower scores may require an additional deposit or denial.
7. What is acceptable “proof of income” to sign a lease? A minimum 2 pay stubs or a W-2 or an official offer letter to verify income.
8. Is my security deposit totally refundable? An Administrative Fee and any cleaning or damages noted at the move-out will be deducted.
9. If I get a job transfer, can I break the lease? If terminating your lease for any reason other than military service transfers, you are responsible for lease cancellation fees.
10. Can I change to a month-to-month lease plan after my first year? Our leases automatically renew unless you give written notice to not renew.
11. What utilities are included in my lease? Perry Street Lofts include water, sewer, trash, internet and cable TV.
12. How long is the term of the lease? We can offer flexible lease terms which range from 6-12 months. Lease premiums may apply based on lease term.
13. Do you accept leases for short terms? Yes, we do offer short term leases for special circumstance. Short term premiums will apply.
14. Am I required to have renters insurance? We highly recommend renter’s insurance.
15. Do you offer furnished apartments? At this time we do not offer furnished apartments.
16. Do you offer corporate apartments? No, at this time we do not offer corporate apartments.
17. If something needs to be repaired in my apartment, how do I report it?Contact our office to submit service request.
18. When is my rent payment due? Rent is due on the first day of each month.
19. What day of the month am I liable for a late charge? Rental payments received after the 5th of each month is considered late and a 10% late fee is applied. If you are late paying your rent you chance to forfeit any move in specials and/or reduced rental rates.
20. Will you accept electronic payments from my bank? Once you move in, you may pay online with a bank account or pay in the rental office with a credit or debit card. There is a small fee to pay with a card. You may also set up an online bill pay through your bank, which needs to arrive in the office no later than the 5th of month.
21. Is there a place where I can pay my rent after office hours? There is a rent drop box located in the mail room that is accessible from outside the office after hours.
22. There is a person who might be staying with me for a while, is that permitted by the lease? Any guest staying for longer than seven consecutive days will require written permission from the leasing office. Anyone living in the apartment home long term must submit an application and meet our credit and background standards.
23. Do you have reserved parking? Our parking is first come, first serve. Residents of Perry Street Lofts are provided with parking tags after providing proof of registration. The parking tag allows them the ability to park within the gated lot. On street parking is also available.
24. I have a motorcycle, where can I park it? If you have a motorcycle and plan to park onsite, you are responsible for abiding parking laws for on street parking, as well as, parking within the gated lot.
25. My children live with me in the summer; do I need to notify your office when they arrive? For your safety, any guest staying for longer than seven consecutive days will require written permission from the leasing office. This includes anyone under 18.
26. Can I install my satellite dish at my apartment? No.
27. Do you have cable services? A basic TV package is a free service we provide. You may contact the community provider if you would like to purchase an upgraded package.
28. Does the property have a fitness center? Yes, the fitness center is located within our sister community next door, Cameron Lofts.
29. Does the property have a swimming pool? Yes, located within our courtyard.
30. Does the property offer on-site recycling? No, not at this time.
31. Are gas grills permitted at your property? Per City Fire/Building Code, we don’t allow grills on the rooftop decks of apartments. Perry Lofts does offer a grilling station located in the courtyard area.
32. Is there any additional storage space available at your property? Yes, we lease our private storage starting at $20 per month.
33. Are residents permitted to paint their apartment? No.
34. Will you accept my delivery packages for me? Yes, however packages must be picked up within 48 hours and no perishables will be accepted.
35. Do you have a list of Preferred Employers? No, not at this time.
36. Where do I register to Vote? Voter registration can be done in person at the Department of Motor Vehicles or on their website at www.dmv.state.va.us.
37. How is your property different from the competition?
Our luxury lofts offers granite counter tops, beautifully painted accent walls in each apartment home, gourmet kitchens and abundant closet space!
Come and enjoy some fun in the sun and lounge by the pool. No other apartment community offers this beautiful amenity!
Maintain your healthy lifestyle by utilizing our fitness center which includes a yoga studio!
Our friendly staff is here to assist you in making Perry Street Lofts your new home.
Low security deposits and most utilities included.